Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Article in the November issue

My article about the Women's World Championships in Sweden has been published in the November issue of a Polish aviation magazine.


Unfortunately I have to admit that I'm a bit disappointed with the modifications made to my text without any consultation and authorization. I know it happens all the time and I should probably get used to it or just stop writing.


Writing an article about a gliding competition I am intentionally avoiding long descriptions of the weather situation and flights. It is hard to picture for someone who was not there and makes the text not as interesting as it could be. I prefer useful information mixed up with interesting or funny stories instead of detailed flight descriptions including numbers, kts, m/s ... etc. I did so this time as well. I knew it can be hard to get just the funny parts through and therefore decided to describe two of the most interesting flights inbetween. And what happened? Somebody wanting to make my text more "academic" and sophisticated just removed the whole soul leaving plain and dry data no reader cares about. Pity that I wasn't asked or even informed about this fact. Luckily it's all in polish and the pictures are nice :-)


Of course Ziggy managed to get some more publicity in the old country posing seriously while performing coaching activities:



No comments:

Post a Comment