Friday, February 3, 2012

Horsham Coaching Week

The famous Horsham Coaching Week is well in progress at our airfield. We have some 24 gliders flown by coaches and trainees every day. Weather is far from perfect but it's good enough to set a nice task every day. Besides flying there are lectures held every morning.

yesterday's morning lecture about thermal sources by Geoff Vincent

I was on tow duty yesterday flying the Jabiru. The boys got the big toys (Pawnee and CallAir) and left the girly plane for me. Jabiru is fun to fly though and I was able to clock the same tow times the boys did in their big and powerful machines. Go figure ...

trailer parking area

"forget rigging mate and meet Ziggy!"

grid on 08

After everybody was up and stayed up I drove back home to do some long overdue cleaning and met this little guy hopping along the road.




The kangaroo couldn't understand that all I wanted was a nice shot and all there was left to shoot was kangaroos butt. Well, it' better than nothing I guess.


I was asked to do some talking after dinner yesterday. I knew that the last thing people want after a long flying day and a few beers is to listen about gliding theory. I decided to show them my gliding pictures from Poland, USA and Sweden and tell some stories about that. We did it in the Natimuk Pub and had some more audience than just glider pilots. There were some people having dinner and they didn't seem to mind the pics on the big wall and me talking. It was a fun evening.

in Natimuk before dinner and presentation

No comments:

Post a Comment