Thursday, May 31, 2012

Supra's maiden flight

It finally has happened last weekend on Mike's private airstrip. Ziggy wanted to keep it all low profile in case something goes wrong but the news spread in no time and he had a fair amount of audience. The brand new winch has also been tested.

farm owner shows up with style 

Luckily, despite the fairly strong wind, it all went well and Supra is still in one piece ready for the Jerilderie competition in a week time.

last controls check

there she goes

In the meantime I asked if I could have a closer look at the sheep. People were looking at me like there was something wrong. I think they just don't expect there might be something interesting in sheep. But believe me, there is - especially if you've never lived on a farm.


I learned that the little guys are almost ready to have their tails cut off ... I don't like this idea but it's actually necessary and just for their well being. If you don't do it they get really dirty around that area and bugs will start feeding their flesh.
It was very interesting although I really didn't like the "tail cut off" part.

No comments:

Post a Comment