Thursday, September 13, 2012

one more step forward

I just moved one more step into the right direction. After a few days spent in and around the hangar at Bacchus Marsh aerodrome I came back home with this:


More than that ... I've learned a lot a discovered again that I really enjoy this kind of activity. I am very fortunate that I can learn from people who do it the way it's supposed to be done - no shortcuts whatsoever. In the end it may mean somebody's life. It makes you feel good knowing that you and decisions you make  are responsible for your safety and the equipment won't let you down. It takes hours and days to do the annual inspection properly but it ensures as much as possible that no one will find himself way high up there swearing: "If somebody had only checked and found that!" before pulling the red canopy handle ...

all in bits and pieces


The day we started working on the glider was one of the first beautiful Cu-days this spring. Winds were calm and it was nice and warm but:

"Sometimes it is better to be on the ground wishing that you were up there
than being up there wishing that you were on the ground"

No comments:

Post a Comment