Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Wine Club with flying problem

Yes, that's what it is here. The last 2 days were cancelled and we spent them talking, eating good food and drinking wine. In fact last day and evening were to die for. Day was cancelled about noon and we headed off to a near winery for lunch. Man, was that good :-) and my muscles are sore from laughing ...

a trophy that you "win" for misbehaving ... Ziggy managed to score a point during the first briefing

GonSKI is still on

lunch with a view of Murray river

Alan is flying an ASW20 with three jet engines. He is airborne within 100 meters and can come back home from 200 km away. Yes, it is all possible here. Very impressive.


Bernie and Ziggy went flying models instead:



I was caught complaining yesterday. Well, actually I wasn't complaining but I was quoted out of context and had to pay $6 fine for that. Complaining is strictly forbidden here. I just said that we will be coming here for all the food Jean is cooking and the wine that is served cause the weather is crap anyways. So in fact I was complementing the catering and got fined. Mr. Gonski payed too when he said something about the orange soup. Jean is just an amazing cook and we are trying hard to convince her to come to Horsham for the Coaching Week. Everyone is eating dinners at the club because it's just soooooo good.

Master Chef

Ziggy is flying today

John caught in the action


Today's task is a 2.5 hours AAT and the boys are on track. I'm watching Ziggy's progress on SPOT. This is an amazing feature that sends me his position every 10 minutes and I get it displayed on google maps. We have a very hot and blue day today and it's hard work for them. Tops of usable lift are about 4000 ft and the boys are sweating. I'm waiting here with a cold beer. They seem to be progressing by the look of the latest Spot update they turned in the first area and are heading for the second one:


Gonski had to eat one more bowl of the orange soup he complained about

funny crowd

Bernie and his instruments

watching the sniffer scratching in 1kts

Hayden departing

launching in progress

I'm gonna get ya!

Nick landing

No comments:

Post a Comment