Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Christmas present

Wow, what a surprise! In the morning of Christmas Eve I received a call from the VSA to inform me that the Victorian Soaring Association has decided to sponsor my participation in the upcoming Women's World Gliding Championships in France. I have never asked for any kind of support so the surprise is even bigger. They all know that I will be representing Poland but still decided to go ahead with the sponsorship. The reason for this support is my engagement in promoting women in gliding and all the other things I voluntarily put my hand up for. Honestly, I have never expected any kind of reward and this call left me speechless. I am very thankful for this support and will make sure that the money is well spent.
In my opinion we shouldn't give up the idea of trying to get the future Women's Worlds to Australia. This would be a one of a kind chance for Australian female pilots to experience such an event and to compete with flying women from all over the world. So this is the next thing we should put our hand up. Unfortunately I can't do it myself but I know well how to prepare a winning bid ...

Thank you!



No comments:

Post a Comment