Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Commercial Pilot times three

I did it again yesterday. I passed my commercial pilot flight test and got my third commercial licence on the third continent. Even the examiner asked: "will you ever stop moving?" Well, I think I just did. I've reached my final destination. It was a good flight but bit challenging at times. Just map and clock 500ft AGL over desert doesn't make the nav exercise any easier. I managed though and got this next step out of the way.




We also had Engineers Australia annual meeting and a Christmas function last week. I'm very fresh in the group but was nominated and elected a Deputy Chair for the Wimmera Group of Engineers Australia. I hope it was not just equal opportunities move ;-) Anyway it makes me proud and I will give my best to justify the election.


Speaking of awesome, Susie introduced me to the gym some time ago. Typically people join, go there few times and then lose interest. The other outcome is to get hooked. I think this is what just happened to me. I enjoy the sweat and pain and it gives me to much energy for the whole day. I've been doing this for just about 3 months now and I like it more and more every time. My last weeks discovery is that when you push very hard, the burning pain in your muscles sort of goes away and you start feeling physically sick. I could never understand how that was possible but it is. It's still great fun though:


The weekend is coming and we are getting excited about transferring Mrs. TF from Adelaide to Horsham. She will spend few weeks with us, enjoying Horsham skies and our hospitality. Then I will be privileged to fly her in Benalla. Can't wait!


No comments:

Post a Comment