Saturday, January 12, 2013

tricky ... again

Yesterday was another European type weather day. It was supposed to be better than the day before and it sort of was but not really much. The temperature didn't go quite as much up as expected. It was blue (again) with lift up to 6000 ft at the most through the whole flight.

on the grid

world from my perspective

It was challenging but TF makes your life so much easier. I wouldn't have thought that you can average way over 100 km/h in such conditions but the glider makes it possible. Even after being penalized by the handicap the speed was still over 100. Unfortunately the speeds displayed on the results sheet are not the "off the stick" speeds. Better gliders have the speeds reduced and worse one get something on top. Well, that's the way it is in this country and I just have to get used to it.

I am still pleased with my performance yesterday:

and with the overalls after 3 days:


Lars revealed to me yesterday that TF's nickname is in fact "Thermal Fucker". I'm not sure if it's bad or good. He didn't want to tell be the whole story behind it but I'm sure there is one. I hope I will get it out of Graham.

Weather has changed today. We're now waiting for the briefing. Rumors are that they might try to set a task although chances of soarable conditions are pretty low. The cyclone Narelle that is west of the continent is feeding clouds into the southern parts of Australia. We cannot see any signs of sun out there but the gliders are ready and so are we. Predictions for next week look good again and there might be Cu's! We haven't seen these for a while now.

No comments:

Post a Comment