Sunday, February 3, 2013

Horsham Week Competition day 1 & 2

So here we go again - the Horsham Week Competition is on. Two days are already behind us. The first one was a real struggle where nothing but truly nothing worked the way books describe it. There was no rule for lift or sink, no cloud was similar to the other and strong wind was just killing the 55 that I'm competing with. Hard, hard work and I was glad to be back home at all. Obviously my result from day 1 was not a success but we've got the whole week to go.



There is many gliders competing but because we have 4 classes they are fairly small. So here are my class results for day 1:


We stocked the fridge with Polish beer and guess what? It's all gone now. I think this was the best seller in the club's history.



Griffo is doing a great job towing with Wilga and I can relax and enjoy something much less noisy with no big fan on the nose. The day 2 was a real pleasure for me and also the results show that I had a good run. The weather was just amazing. Not very high but so reliable. I had the thermals figured out really quickly and was able to move around them stopping only for the best ones.

So here are today's results:


I will show off now. My average speed off the stick was over 112 km/h but the handicap puts it that far down. One way or the other I managed to make few places up in the totals after 2 days:


And here are some Day 2 pics to enjoy:

















It was a great day. We'll see what tomorrow brings.

No comments:

Post a Comment