Wednesday, February 6, 2013

what a day!

I still can't believe it ... the highlight of the day was a climb that I just had to take from 10000 ft all the way up to 14500 ft. The vario went kaboom! and stayed beyond the scale. The average from bottom to top was 15 kts! 4 hours AAT was the task and I have flown 460 km with an off stick average speed of 120 km/h in an empty SZD-55. It was so "slow" because the whole first leg was into 20+ kts headwind with just 90 km/h average. The second one was a killer: 150 km with 150 km/h average, the third one: 145 km with 130 km/h and so on ... This was the best day I have seen in Australia so far.

life is good

yes, it is really showing 14100 ft

Ziggy is at work somewhere down there in Dimboola
I'm pretty happy with my performance today:


and over all doesn't look too bad either:


Unfortunately tomorrow doesn't look this good anymore but we will have fun anyways!



No comments:

Post a Comment