Thursday, May 9, 2013

WWGC 2013 final countdown

Only 6 weeks left and we'll be on our way to France. We are now finalizing all the remaining bits and pieces but all in all we're pretty much ready. And so is our team logo. I don't know about you but I think it's pretty awesome:


All the flights, accommodation and vehicles are booked and the glider is all ready for pick up in Poppenhausen.

here she is

I still have some training to do on the LX9000. I've never used any LX instrument for navigation so it's all new and exciting for me. Luckily there is a PC desktop version available for practice. It is extremely important to be comfortable with the glider equipment and the navigation software in particular. The airspace situation in the contest area is tricky and changes every day ... critical part.

instrument panel

I'm slowly getting really excited. On the other hand I'm happy that I can go there and just enjoy flying the beautiful glider with in fact no outside pressure and struggle put on me. I can hardly imagine a better situation than this. It's gonna be fun!


hell yeah! tons of it!
(graphic stolen somewhere from the world wide web)

No comments:

Post a Comment