Monday, July 8, 2013

after day 5

cool T-shirt purchased from the British Team

Yeah, what am I supposed to write today. I struggled big time yesterday. It started off beautifully and the first leg was a run. I mentioned on the radio that it was too good to be true and sure enough we hit a big blue hole on the way to the second turn point. Then the wind got stronger and started messing up with thermals. They became very hard to work with, especially at low levels. I lost connection to the first group and had to shift to 6th gear trying to get them back. I still had some people behind me and lower so I wasn't quite on my own. Asia was still within the first group but then lost them as well. At some stage I was 20 km behind Asia and really desperate to catch up. The day was dying and we had to be very patient working the weak thermals and flying with best glide speed. I almost managed to catch Asia again and finished not quite 2 minutes after her. I was really exhausted but happy to be back without the need to fire up the engine like some others did.

Daily scores:

Total after 5 days:

And my flight on the OLC:

lining up for the scales this morning

Task setters here are using every flyable bit of the day. They basically leave us no room for play with the starting time. You have to go as soon as you are ready to do so, otherwise the day will be over before you get back. My flight yesterday was again almost 6 hrs 30 min although I went on task just 10 minutes after the gate opening. I'm really curious what's in for us today. One thing is sure though: whatever it is, it's not gonna be easy. We've learned that bit already.

No comments:

Post a Comment