Sunday, August 4, 2013

Szczecin-Berlin

Both of them are hometowns for me and I enjoy going back every now and then but I wouldn't really want to live there anymore.
We had a magnificent drive all the way across Germany and Ziggy was looking at the speedo all the time finding it hard to believe that we were doing 180 km/h still being legal. There are no speed limits on German highways and they have no big issues with accidents. It's amazing how you are still being overtaken doing the above mentioned 180 ... 




We had a quick visit to the Aero Club in Szczecin, the place where I learned to fly 14 years ago. Not much has changed over there. Runways are still short and narrow and the approach extremely steep. They are also still flying and training people, which was nice to see.

SZD-9 Bocian - the ONE I soloed in

this is normal over there :)

SZD-30 Pirat - Ziggy's second single seater

Pirat was my first single seater glider

After 2 nice and hot days in Poland we headed back to Berlin.

No comments:

Post a Comment