Sunday, January 5, 2014

DNF

Yes, this will be my score today. I had some serious lower back issues some time ago and it seems that I stretched myself too much thinking that I was completely cured ... my problem is back now and I'm not able to fly so the comp is over for me. I hope to get better in the next few days to be able to enjoy TF a little more since she's a delight to fly. We'll see how we go. The doc put me on some magic medication for the moment. Let's hope it helps.

Today was one of these day when you either get a top speed or land out. The winds were blowing up to 40 kts on the ground as a cold front came through and quite a few gliders got damaged. Luckily no injuries.

Ziggy did great today, came in nice a high and did a perfect landing in horrible winds. He was complimented on for a good reason and made up quite a few points. We struggled getting the glider off the runway though and needed two people to assist it to the tie downs. This should give an idea of how the conditions were.

Wilga was great again an got to tow the heaviest gliders - no worries at all. We're very happy with her.

To be at least a little bit useful I went out to the grid with my better and bigger camera and took quite a few shots. There will be a presentation tonight. First few of my photos from yesterday:

on the grid

my grid buddies Craig and Craig

task sheet

Murray River

near Waikerie

we've got one very talented tuggie in here and he's delivering drawings every day

isn't that great?

Photos from today follow in the next post. Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment