Friday, January 3, 2014

flying day, no time for photos

We did fly today although it didn't look like this in the morning. The sky was covered with thick layers of clouds and it was even raining. As the day progressed, the wind picked up and cleared the white and grey stuff off the sky.
Both classes flew AAT's. It wasn't easy with winds aloft showing over 30 kts but most of us managed. I'm very proud of Ziggy who did have to fight against this wind in a dry SZD-55. Great effort Zig!

I learned hips today managing to stay behind one of the best pilots for almost the whole run. It was very interesting to watch what and why he was doing. Very valuable experience in my first flight with 18-m tips. It will take a while to re-set my mind to this incredible performance. Handling of this glider is magnificent even at 600 kg. You just gotta love it!

Here are the results in Sports Class:

and Club Class:

As well as me flight on the OLC:

I has some issues with the build in logger and ended up handing in a Flarm back-up trace. A big thank you to John Orton for letting me use his spare NANO for the rest of the comp since we haven't figured out the problem with the main logger. The trace just stopped half way through although there was no power or other issues. Very strange.

We will be flying again tomorrow so it's an early exit for us today. Good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment