Tuesday, January 6, 2015

XM's first records!

Well, as already mentioned - no more excuses! I've got the best possible glider and extremely professional crew so records need to be set. Today was the official practice day before the nationals but I decided to do it my way :)



It was a tricky day, dodging showers and missing lightning strikes but it worked! I set a 500 km FAI triangle and completed it with 127 km/h. This should give me two polish national records - speed over 500 km triangle and speed over 400 km triangle. It was a very challenging day and I'm kind of buggered tonight.

The thing I am most happy about though are the stats of my flight. I got the time spent thermaling down to 21% and a mean L/D for the flight of 62.8.

here we go ...

before it turned ugly


I didn't really think that the day was extremely hard until I learned that noone had completed the set practice day task. It sounds selfish but it makes me feel even better about my not so impressive average speed achieved. It's still good enough to put my name in two more spots in the record's tables :)

Thank you so much Mandy for agreeing to be my official observer and doing the ugly paperwork and big kiss for you Ziggy for all your hard work in 40 degrees heat.

And last but not least here is the flight:

No comments:

Post a Comment