Sunday, July 3, 2011

Sleepless in Seattle

After a long and exhausting trip with American Airlines (...) we finally made it to Seattle. Not much changed since I left the place some 5 years ago. The city is still beautiful, amazing, having lots to offer and the summer weather just couldn't be better. We are driving back and forth all days long, seeing places and it seems never ending. I don't know how much time one would need to see everything this place has to offer.

waiting for boarding in FRA

first day - Museum of Flight

Air Force One

Blackbird

some theory cannot harm anyone

but practice is so much more interesting

history of the Boeing Company

World War II history

Zig hoovering in the space

Steve Fossett's extreme altitude modified DG500

where it all begun

visiting old places - I wish I still had the key to the gate

4th of July weekend traffic - I-5 north

the window view from our hotel room

night view out of the window

University Village

It's so nice to get some rest after weeks of very challenging flying. If somebody offered me a glider flight now I would definitely have to say "no, thanks". I'm enjoying the simple tourist ground activities at the moment. I'm afraid it's not gonna last long though ...


No comments:

Post a Comment