Tuesday, August 17, 2010

changing the glider ;-)


getting familiar with Mr. 00
Since the weather doesn't wanna cooperate at all I decided to change the glider for something better. It's been awfully blue today with very brutal and unorganized thermals. It's been a fight. I wouldn't be able to stay up (due to lack of skill) in the 55 and "had to fly" the Ventus 2 today. It's been a pure pleasure even in these conditions and I have to admit that I fell in love with this glider.
Manfred giving some good advise 
I've flown my 100 km triangle just for the hell of it twice today. I hate not having a goal at all. This way I had at least few turnpoints to head for.
thermalling and feeling every single bump has never been easier

:-)
I was almost about to land when Mike called me on the radio saying that he's up with Devin in the 21. We stayed up together for one more hour. I just had my little camera with me but the boys had 2, one of them on the wing. We'll see the results of our session later on.
Devin and Mike in the ASK 21
2nd usable shot of ASK 21
This was one of the best days I ever had in Minden. And no matter how the weather is gonna be tomorrow I'm going up in the 00. Thank you Devin! You made my day!

No comments:

Post a Comment