Thursday, March 17, 2011

forms, forms, forms

I've been trying to avoid or delay this procedure as long as I could. I guess I'm not really into filling out forms and stuff. The time has come and I really have to get a proper conversion of my commercial powered licence. Renewing the Certificate of Validation every 3 months is not the way to go. I've been searching the CASA website for over an hour now and I'm well informed what to do and in what sequence. They have a great website will all the information you can think of. All well organized and easy to find. Very nice.
There are quite a few forms to be filled out and I will have to pass written tests on flight rules & procedures and air law and also a flight test for each endorsement. I will also have to undergo a background security check and obtain an Australian medical certificate. The first step though is to go and get my funny face photographed. The pics go then with all the forms and I'm not quite sure if the one underneath would do. Someone from CASA could then call the doc and let him know that I'm not really eligible for Class I medical ;-)
So I better head to the photo place and let them do the job properly.


Check out the activities in the background. We were having a barbecue at Minden Airport last summer and the Civil Air Patrol kids had to practice their routines.

No comments:

Post a Comment