Wednesday, January 6, 2010

not today, not now, tomorrow is gonna be another day



The day started with some troubles. The taildolly broke down on the way to the flight line and the 55 run into the car. It felt worse than it turned out to be. A piece of ducttape sorted out the problem and I was ready to go. The taildolly is being fixed just now. Jenny & Sarah and Paul declared the same task and went up first. Seeing the girls struggling over the airport I decided to wait a bit. It wasn't getting better so I decided to launch anyways and beeing heavy had some troubles getting away. I managed that though and waited for the predicted good weather. It wasn't really getting better ... cloudbase around 5500 ft and my average climb wasn't exceeding 3 kts ... oh well, since it wasn't improving at all I tried to start the task couple of times but couldn't find any climb after crossing the startline and kept coming back when the XC speed dropped below 100 kph. I've done it couple of times and then called it a day. Nobody went for that task ... it was definitely the wrong direction we picked today. Altough the rest was full with Cu's they didn't work well and were not high at all. Our task was in the single blue hole caused by the troph to the south of Narromine. Well, tomorrow is another day in the heat ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment