Thursday, June 16, 2011

successful end of day one

I guess nobody could see it coming. Weather looked weird, task was short with no room for mistakes. Asia won the day in Standard Class - she just classed everyone out. I ended up third for the day, which was very challenging. The last turn point turned out to be the hardest one. 17 km to the point and 18 km back through the rain starting at 1300 m MSL. Leaving the rain zone I ended up around 150 m AGL over my picked paddock and hit 3.5 m/s lift that got me the fast final glide back home. The lift was coming from another Cb just building up and this made it possible to catch it straight from the bottom.

The results are here:
http://www.soaringspot.com/wwgc_2011/results/

A very good start for the both of us and we're going out for dinner soon.

The pic below is a special for Max Hedt. Ake says Hello!


1 comment: