Thursday, January 7, 2016

sore bum

I'm getting my bum kicked here big time. I kind of knew that would be the case when I decided to enter the most competitive class. Is my bum still sore? Sure, it is but I will not learn any other way.

Lessons learned today:
1. Don't bail out of the gaggle after 130 km on task.
2. If you have to bail out, remain confident that you'll find the same thermals in the blue on your own and don't slow down.
3. In fact, a single glider can center the thermals much better than a messy, scary gaggle.

I guess the clue is to remember all lessons learned in the past in one single flight ;) Oh well, maybe one day.

before start

somewhere on task

8 days of flying remaining and it looks like we'll be flying all of them. Weather should get even better next week. Bring it on! It's still a hell of a lot of fun.

Have I mentioned before that I have the most handsome crew on the field?

Here is today's flight on the OLC:

And the daily result as a proof of a sore bum:

Man are these boys fast, aren't they?

No comments:

Post a Comment