Monday, February 6, 2012

Horsham Week Competition Day 3

6:30 am sky was blue, first Cu's showed around 10:00 am and at noon it looked like this:

grid on 26

Almost everyone thought we'll be practicing gridging today. Then the weather recycled one more time and served us the sky full of extremely flat Cu's at 6000 ft. I decided to experiment a bit and reduce thermalling to the absolute minimum. I ended up with a total of 9 thermals over 233 km that I've flown on task and the average glide was 24 km. My speed off the stick was 96 km/h. I should have been flying a bit faster between the thermals though. I think that the "flying the lift" worked out all right cause I ended up with only 18% thermalling. Weather should be similar tomorrow and I'll try to correct the mistakes I made today.

Here are today's results:


and total after 2 days:


No comments:

Post a Comment